COVID-19 – A message from Iridium’s President & CEO
Iridium is here for our employees, our clients, and our community. We have built a Covid-19 action plan to help prevent the spread of this Global pandemic and to continue to provide the service our clients expect from our team.
To manage this risk, we are implementing the following operational changes until more updates from the Public Health Agency of Canada and Alberta Health Services are released:
- Our employees will be working from home and they will continue providing the service our clients have come to know. Employees can be reached via email or phone during our standard business hours (8:00am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday).
- Our office will not be open to the public. Please contact your service professional via telephone or email.
- We are limiting all in-person meetings. If possible, we encourage meetings to be conducted via conference call or video call.
- We have imposed the recommended 14-day self-isolation for any of our employees who have traveled outside the country, have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, or are experiencing any symptoms of the illness.
- We encourage you to use Electronic Fund Transfers (EFTs) or bank wires for any account/premium payments due to potential mailing/receiving disruptions.
- Our employees have been educated on safe hygiene practices both in and outside of our business.
By taking these precautions we hope to do our part in helping contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the vulnerable and high-risk individuals within our community.
We are assessing new information on a daily basis. We believe Iridium and Navacord are well-prepared to manage through this pandemic and we remain confident in our ability to continue to support our valued clients.
Pandemics like Coronavirus do not represent traditional business risks, but regardless of this, many Canadian businesses will feel the impact of COVID-19 both directly and indirectly.
We recognize this is a unique situation and encourage everyone to approach it with sensitivity, understanding, and respect.